Mercy, January is over!


This little one had a birthday party in January, lovely in every way, but still overwhelming, when you're only two, to hear an entire room sing to you! 

So it's the end of the month already. I don't know that January has ever, ever flown by so quickly. Not sure if that's due to the abundant sun in Texas, or just being busy much of the time.

A month into my goals - here's where I'm at:

My weight on January 31 is 162.2. I started at 166.5 (creeping scary close to 170) and so that's a loss of 4.3 lbs.  Not as much as I'd hoped, but I feel like I learned some things this month too, that will help me be more successful from here on out. Don* lost a few and has developed the habit of doing the elliptical 5 nights a week. That's a huge success! It's easy for a retired husband to think yardwork and riding the John Deere count, but he still needs cardio. My goal for February is to lose 4 pounds, work up to 1 1/2 miles on the elliptical, and find out what is wrong with my back so it can be fixed.

We've stopped buying frozen pizza - too fattening and too much salt. I've fallen in love with the pizza crust recipe from Pioneer Woman (easy find on her website). It truly takes minutes and makes two crusts, so if you have three or less people to feed you can freeze the second one. I do that and have a crust for the following Monday, our weekly pizza and salad night. This week I made clam pizza! It was good!

I spent two hours deleting photos on our computer - not the four I hoped, but two more than if I hadn't resolved to work on them. Need to improve here.

I did not declutter my sewing/craft room so I'm behind a room.

I did a better job of calling family and friends, staying connected.

I did not study spanish or government and since we're going to Guatemala the end of March I really need to work on the spanish. Any would be helpful.

I wrote regularly, read well - finished 4 books in January!

I flossed my teeth every single day in January! A first for me and it's become a habit. My dental hygienist will likely be pleased with that when I go for a checkup in March.

Last - I'm caught up on my 'read through the Bible in a year' plan. This time I'm doing a bit of OT, NT, Psalms and Proverbs every day. That's a nice switch after last year, spending forever in the OT.

How about you? How are you doing in the goals you set? If not so great, February 1 is a brand new month - here's to hunkering down and getting it done!

* Don told me last night he feels like he's been hungry most of the time for the last two weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts