A breath of fresh (cool) air...

As I type this I am snuggled up in a little bed, tucked away in the office, at our daughter's home in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Temperatures are so cool here we sat and watched fire works in four layers of clothing tonight, covered up with blankets!

We're here for two weeks, to share lives and and watch 5 year old boys play baseball and eat ice cream daily and take long mother/daughter walks and visit the local library and watch 4th of July parades and such. Soak up days that never hit 80 degrees, while it's triple digits back home. Be refreshed inside and out. Love on those we hold so dear.

Thursday we drive to Seattle, a five hour car trip, spend time at Pikes Place where we hope to eat fish and chips, see the original Starbucks, the space needle, possibly a whale or two, ride a ferry across the water to some island, then head north for a peek at Vancouver (thankful we thought to bring our passports!) before we head back for another week of relaxing in cool northwestern air.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I'm not even aware of how badly my body and soul need refreshing, a break from the normal stuff of life. If we can't slow down during the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer then when?

What else am I up to during the month of July? Reading several Sally Clarkson books, and one she recommended, 'Margin' by Richard Swenson, also a stack a foot tall of young adult fiction I missed when I was 12-16 years old (recommended in Sarah Clarkson's book, Read for the Heart), getting our kitchen countertops and backsplash replaced, trying to shed some weight and cement the habit of daily walking (tough in Texas summer heat), knitting for an upcoming new granddaughter, and working on developing some routine for cooking and cleaning and bills, etc in our home.

I want to honor God in every area of my life, to do my very best at the tasks at hand on any given day, and I'm praying these two weeks away of refreshment, rest, cool temperatures and time with those dear to me will have me walking through the doors of our home mid-July with a heart determined to endure (Hebrews 10:36).

Happy July everyone. Hope you are making these days of summer count.

Comments

Sarah said…
Enjoy your time with Les! It sounds wonderful--I'll swap places with you in August when Chris and I go :)

And read on--I have Sarah's talk on "Story Formed" kids, and you can listen to it when you get back; it's wonderful!! It makes you want to find a kid to read to :)
Penelope P. said…
Hope you're having a lovely holiday, and enjoying every minute. Over here in England it is cold and very wet almost everywhere at the moment. I can't even begin to imagine those three digit temperatures. I found your blog via Barb's blog roll last year, when I tried to check all was well when she first stopped blogging. I'm so glad I did! I do enjoy popping in every so often and reading of where God is leading you! I'm a 51 yr old married mum of two- Jacob who's at uni andReb who's 16 and I work part time as a relief teacher. I live on the South coast of England about 5miles from the sea.with love Penny L
iffatali said…
Every perfect traveler always creates the country where he travels.
Flights to Harare
Cheap Flights to Harare
Cheap Air Tickets to Harare

Popular Posts