I'll be your huckleberry....



A view of our deck, in process. 

I began this post in mid-fall, and never came back to it. Rather than update, revise, etc., it seemed easier to just start where we are. Today.

We're back in Texas, 2000 miles south of our new place in Idaho. This is how we left our 'new' home in Idaho. That's a panoramic view (the deck is actually rectangular), but it gives a fun view of things. We're trusting when we go back for the summer things will be finished up, and the deck will be ready to enjoy. 2/3 covered, 1/3 not so we can grow tomatoes the deer won't steal, and stairs that lead down to the hot tub and the fire pit. Oh, but I think it's going to be great fun!

We left chilly Idaho, flew back to Texas, with Lily in tow, and landed in Dallas in 60 degrees. Which made it easier to leave cold and snowy Idaho behind for awhile. Now we're in the thick of things, getting ready for Christmas and the annual Polar Express. (Papa has lost his hat in the move, so we'll check Party City out tomorrow. That and some eyeliner for a moustache should have him good to go.) The dining room table is covered with packages needing wrapped. The Christmas letter is still in my head, but since I haven't missed writing one for over 20 years it'll likely happen in the next day or so. I have yet to bake a single thing, but if I get time for that I'll start with a batch of Russian Tea Cakes (or Sandies) and go from there. They are such Christmas perfection I may feel like that's all we need.

2017 was quite the year. Full of wonderfulness for sure, but also saying goodbye to my Mom, and my sister's husband passing away after two years of battling lung cancer. We moved twice. Nobody should move twice in one year. If I only set one New Year's Resolution it will be to not move in 2018.

I've pondered lately my lack of writing this year, very unlike me. Writing in itself is an outpouring of the heart, sharing of the soul. I'm not sure if my lack of words to screen was from losing my mom or just being weary from coming and going so much. Either way I'm hoping to come back here more often in the New Year, which is just around the corner.

No promises but that's the plan. xoxoxo



Comments

Karen said…
We seem to be on the same page in writing. I know you've had a stressful year, and in my experience, those years were the ones where the words wouldn't come. We're still here waiting, because we love you. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Anonymous said…
I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom and your sister’s husband. My condolences to you, your sister, and your families. Your family, including your mom, were some the first bloggers I ever folllowed. The love your sister has for her family was always so evident in her writing, just as it is in your writing. I remember her writing about the breakfast burritos she would make for her husband. I’ll pray for you both. -Denise
Bev said…
Thank you, Karen and Denise. So appreciate your kind comments. xoxo
Mica said…
Love reading your posts. I have followed you for a very long time ! You are a wonderful writer and I enjoy your posts. Much sympathy to you in regards to your mom. My mom died at 57 from liver failure. It is a pain that I think is different than any other.
Blessings, Mica Craig

Popular Posts